Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sketchbook is a daily barometer


I've been drawing in sketchbooks  for about 5 years, when I actually really started to paint. It's for drawing but also annotating , keeping memories of reading, theory,  my own evolution and preoccupations. I'm glad I have them. They help me to believe I do have a guide line . After all...


   I'm working more and more with watercolor as I need to solve color problems. I've done hundreds  pencil drawings of my cats, but this one is enterely done with the brush, a new approach.


This is the very last  sketch so far.  I did it yesterday coming back home, a thumbnail as quick as a snapshot, with the little "emergency" kit that I allways have with me (the tiny watercolor box and water brush I mentionned before)


No comments:

Post a Comment